Sunday, September 5, 2010

6A: Disaster Kit

Survival Kit on IBU.

2012 disaster!!! It's only left about 2 years time.

The inventions I used are:- Water-based Epoxy Foam,2004- A Innivative Agro-Based Ingredient-Pumpkin Flour as a New Generation Source of Fibre and Natural Colourant in Bakery Product, Bread,2007
- Heat Pump Assisted Clothes Dryer,2004
- Vehicle Monitoring System-The Surveillance System of the Future,2007
-
A NOVEL CATALYST FOR THE REMOVAL OF VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUND POLLUTANTS IN AIR STREAMS,2006
-
A Novel Nanofiltration Treatment System for Pesticides Contaminated Water-Enhancement of Water Treatment Plant,2007


My survival kit is made from the '
Water-based Epoxy Foam,2004' invention. I choose this invention because it is available commercially. The epoxy foam with the properties like rubber foam can be produced by changing the process and ingredients in the system without adding any rubber in the ingredient. The most important reason i use this invention is because it is sincere to nature. This invention only use the water in producing the foam.

My survival kit has 4 functions, that is, as clothes dryer, removal of volatile organic compound pollutants in air streams, water treatment system, and vehicle (PONDOK) monitoring system. I designed my survival kit in pyramid shape. Each side has one invention (function).

Since IBU acts as a Central Control, so it has to monitor the
activities and the location of each PONDOK. Therefore, I choose 'Vehicle Monitoring System-The Surveillance System of the Future,2007' as one of the function of my survival kit. Besides that, I choose the invention 'A NOVEL CATALYST FOR THE REMOVAL OF VOLATILE ORGANIC COMPOUND POLLUTANTS IN AIR STREAMS,2006' and 'A Novel Nanofiltration Treatment System for Pesticides Contaminated Water-Enhancement of Water Treatment Plant,2007'. This is because water and air is the most important factor for us to survive. We need clean air and water to stay healthy. After the air and the water is being filtered and undergoes treatment, it will automatic delivered the clean air and water to the PONDOK for the consumers. Moreover, I choose invention 'Heat Pump Assisted Clothes Dryer,2004' because during the disaster period, it is difficult for us to dry our clothes. With that invention, we can dry our clothes easily and faster.

During the disaster period, we also need food. Therefore, I choose the invention 'A Innivative Agro-Based Ingredient-Pumpkin Flour as a New Generation Source of Fibre and Natural Colourant in Bakery Product, Bread,2007'. This is because pumpkin is a good source of dietary fibres, resistant starch and natural colourant. Besides that, pumpkin flour has a longer shelf-life.
I placed my survival kit in the middle of the IBU so that it can be controlled and managed easily.

The designs of my Survival Kit:

View from side

View from top

The design of each sections.

The whole ideas of my Survival Kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment